Okuma Epixor LS spinning reels are the next generation of a long standing family of spinning reels by Okuma. Designed with C-40X carbon fiber composite construction and featuring Torsion Control Armor (TCA), these advanced technologies provide a reel that is light weight with both exceptional feel and rock solid durability.
- TCA: C40x carbon Torsion Control Armor reduces twisting
- Multi-disc, Japanese oiled felt drag washers
- 5BB+1RB stainless steel bearings
- Quick-Set ant-reverse bearing
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear
- Slow oscillation system for improved line lay
- Corrosion resistant graphite body and rotor
- CFR: Cyclonic Flow Rotor technology
- Rigid metal handle design for strength
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool with LCS lip
- Heavy duty solid aluminum bail wire
- RESII: Computer balanced Rotor Equalizing System
The one-piece TCA design was built using Okuma C-40X carbon fiber technology and made with a double arm design. Compared to traditional single side designs, TCA’s double arm offers higher torsion and flex resistance under heavy pressure for improved strength. This not only makes the reel lighter but also extremely rigid ensuring the internal parts stays in perfect alignment.
Cyclonic Flow Rotor (CFR) was designed to create “cyclonic” airflow, which significantly increases air around the rotor, beneath and around the spool, with every turn of the handle. This thoroughly tested design allows for a much faster drying time if the reel becomes wet, minimizing corrosion and extending longevity of the reel.